Friday, February 1, 2013

That About Sums It Up

This last week was a CRAZY one. I am pleased to announce I have survived week 1 of the Legislative Session. But in all honestly I have loved every second of it; the good, bad and the ugly. I'm just afraid that I'm going to come out of this internship with some greys in my luscious locks because of how stressful it can be. But really I love it. Now onto some highlights of Legislative Session Week 1.


  • I've got to say the best part about this internship is all the boys! The Capital is crawling with attractive, determined, MATURE, guys. That is just my cup of tea. There is nothing I like more than maturity. 
  • I've had to alternate wearing flats and heels (oh yeah, and I can wear heels because guys are actually taller than me up there) everyday for the past week. This job entails A LOT of walking around. A LOT is an understatement. We are walking and standing non stop. And when I wear flat shoes the heels of my feet hurt and when I wear heels the balls of my feet hurt. So I just alternate between the two so that the heels and balls of my feet can get a break every once in a while. 
  • I've learned that homeless people can hang out at the capitol all day if they want. There's this one that has been there a lot this last week and, I am sorry, but he really could use a shower. He smells horrible. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure if he had access to a shower everyday he would use it, but boy it's awful. My mom and I almost got stuck in an elevator with him. I don't know if I would have survived. 
  • I got to meet the Governor. I thought it would be a big deal to meet him, but it really wasn't. I was more excited to meet Trooper Aaron Beesley's family. I also had to stay and listen to the State of the State Address. ZZzz. Boring! 
  • I sat through my first ever budget meeting and wanted to rip my brains out. That was even more boring than the State of the State. And you want to know what's worse? There's more budget meetings to come! That is the one part about the job that I could live without.
  • I've developed a hate for the media. Met some slime bags associated with them and felt like I needed to take a shower after I met them. The media has a domination that I never really realized until this week and it angers me. So I will say nothing more on the matter or else I'd end up ranting for the rest of this post. 
  • This last week I've been gossiped about. It's really funny, if you knew the whole story.
  • I age my mom. People come up to us and assume I am in my late twenties (And I really wish I was). I must look real old and mature for my age because people can't believe that my mom is old enough to be my mother. I should be offended that people think I'm older than I am but I'm hoping it works for my advantage. 
Anyways this week has been a fun one and I'm excited for the weeks ahead. This internship is great for me. It's really helped me in thinking about what career field I want to go into. Watch out political world, I'm coming for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment